Qualified Candidates may apply by responding to this ad with resume and cover letter. Respond to this Job Posting
Reference No.: JBCSPBEX03
Job Title: Exercise Therapist - Full & Part Time Positions
Location: Redmond, WA
Pushing Boundaries is a Redmond, Washington based, non profit, 501 (c) (3) intensive exercise therapy center for those paralyzed due to illness, injury or other neurological disorders. Our mission is to provide intensive exercise therapy that strengthens and supports people living with paralysis, and their families, to maximize health and improve quality of life.
*Are you driven by a passion for fitness?
*Are you looking for a way to put that passion to use and make a difference in people’s lives in a unique way?
*Do you want to make a difference in your community and have an occupation that has a lasting impact on your clients’ lives?
If you can answer yes to the above questions and you have the requisite experience you will be an idea candidate for our open part-time Exercise Therapist position. Inspirational candidates will think “out of the box” when developing, implementing and reporting programs for clients. Pushing Boundaries mixes traditional personal training into a clinical environment.
About our clientele: Clientele participates in neuromuscular reeducation, balance, strength training, endurance and comprehensive gait training to combat the negative effects of living with paralysis. We utilize a comprehensive array of specially designed and conventional equipment.
Examples of Duties Include:
The Exercise Therapist is responsible to work in conjunction with a client’s medical team to develop and implement a training program that will fit each client and lead to an improvement in their quality of life. Qualified candidates should apply to this ad with a resume and a list of volunteer experience.
Essential Functions (includes but not limited to:
- Works with the Therapist Lead to create therapy programs individualized to each client’s specific physical needs.
- Creates programs that address the physical and mental well being of the client in connection with the clients’ physical goals to achieve success.
- Maintains accurate client information, creates reports on client progress and individually notes daily progress.
- Assists other Exercise Therapists as necessary and as schedule allows.
- Attends company sponsored events and participates in fundraising endeavors.
- Conducts site visits including scheduling, paperwork and follow up.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Bachelor’s Degree in Physical or Exercise Science or related field and National personal training certification (NSCA, ACSM or NASM) - Required
*CPR/First Aid certified - Required
*Excellent written and verbal skills
*ACSM-Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer (CIFT) a plus (a requirement within the first 60 days)
*FES experience a plus
*Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
* As with any nonprofit organization, volunteer history will be considered a plus.
To learn more about us and who we serve, visit www.pushing-boundaries.org
*Excellent physical condition required due to the strenuous demands of intensive training program.
*Frequent standing, walking and sitting.
*Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds with occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
*Must be able to use a computer.
Equal Opportunity Employer