Senior Staff Accountant – Bellevue, WA
Job Post Expires:
Are you an experienced licensed CPA looking for an excellent opportunity for one of the leading Washington accounting firms? Do you value the client relationship and focus on doing the right thing for the client? Are you looking to work at a firm that treats you like a person, not as a billable hours machine, provides development opportunities, and provides flexibility, a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package?
Our client provides full service accounting, tax, financial planning and other related business systems for small to medium size business clients and individuals. They are currently looking for an experienced Senior Staff Accountant for their Bellevue, WA office. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of public accounting experience, focused on the preparing, compiling and reviewing financial statements, federal and state tax returns of individuals and businesses, and preparing other tax filling such as sales, payroll, and excise. The Senior Staff Accountant will have extensive client contact and involvement, and will be responsible for reviewing the work of more junior accountants, as well as supervising other staff on projects and assigned client work.
*** Please reference JBCSBEMFSA03 when applying with your resume and pay expectations. ***
- Prepare complex personal tax returns.
- Prepare corporate, partnership, and S-corp returns.
- Prepare amended returns, personal tax projections, property tax affidavits, employee benefit plan returns, carryback returns, and payroll tax returns as needed.
- Review basic income and business tax returns.
- Prepare compilations and reviews.
- Begin reviewing compilations and reviews.
- Understand various tax programs and software programs such as Prosystem, TValue5, and QuickBooks.
- Understand key tax concepts and how and when they apply; including passive activities, shareholder basis, etc.
- Provide accounting services including QuickBooks consulting and bookkeeping.
- Ensure clients are informed of status particularly in situations with delays, and regularly follows up on requests for client information.
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff and projects.
- Trains and develops staff.
- Maintains confidentiality in client matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum four years experience working in public accounting.
- CPA license required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, ProSystem, and QuickBooks software.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues at all levels in the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent customer service skills with clients, team members and management.
This firm offers a full range of benefits including paid medical, dental, vision, disability, a 401(k) and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.