Self-Motivated Human Resources Generalist Role Offering Flexibility (Up to 30 hours)
Job Post Expires:
Various Locations/ Virtual Office
JB Consulting Systems (JBCS) is a Human Resources and Business Consulting firm that creates partnerships and builds relationships with its clients by providing resources, quality products, excellent customer service and consulting on an as-needed basis. JBCS is currently seeking a self-motivated and receptive Human Resources Generalist to join their growing team and fast paced atmosphere. The ideal candidate would provide a wide array of administrative and strategic HR functions as well as partner with clients and within the company. This position works in collaboration with the team to provide a unique set of HR services to our clients. This role is expected to act in a collaborative yet fairly autonomous manner with assigned clients and provide HR services and project assistance. This position offers flexibility and work would be completed in person and at times can be done virtually.
*** Please reference JBCSHRG03 when applying with your resume and pay expectations. ***
- Review health insurance and other benefit programs for competitiveness and cost from shopping to implementation. Manage the placement and/or administration of all employee benefits programs and plans.
- Plan and direct open enrollment or portions of the process as directed.
- Familiar with and exposure to working with a range of benefits including but not limited to: 401(k), STD/LTD, Medical, Vision, Dental, Prescription, EAP and Wellness.
- Familiar with Affordable Care Act reporting and guidelines.
- Review employee handbooks and provide input for employee policies and procedures manual to assist with compliance with state or federal regulations. May prepare new handbook using Company master.
- Edit and prepare Human Resources forms packet that are consistent in formatting and style.
- Prepare and assist in implementing a hiring and new hire training process.
- Process new hire and termination paperwork and distribute forms appropriately (i.e. W-4 forms to payroll, health insurance forms to insurance company).
- Write job descriptions using templates and input from the client and the HR Consultant to ensure they are updated with appropriate ADA language.
- Provide Hiring/Recruiting assistance to clients as assigned which may include candidate sourcing, job fairs and other activities.
- Review and/or prepare compensation plans or conduct compensation research utilizing salary and compensation tools.
- Provide assistance with personnel issues including hiring, disciplinary actions, workers’ compensation and unemployment claims and employment laws – ADA/WA FLA/COBRA/Seattle Sick Leave etc.
- Provide timely response for phone calls from Owner and Supervisors to respond to employee performance problems or assist in appropriate documentation regarding disciplinary actions. Provide coaching to employees and supervisors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) to eight (8) years experience in a Human Resources and administrative role.
- Four (4) year bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to manage a project through to completion and meet timelines.
- Act with a sense of urgency and independent follow-up/through on assigned projects.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, accurate, self- motivated and open to new ideas, projects and directions within the Company. Consistently produce ‘client ready’ products and services.
- Must have personal computer with high speed internet connection.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to work independently with little supervision and ability to apply independent judgement and discretion but know when to seek guidance.
- Reliable transportation to and from to client locations, networking events and Company events.
- Possess and maintain current Driver’s license and retain auto insurance as law requires with the ability to drive personal transportation to client appointments, meetings and events.
Company offers a Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, an Employee Assistance Program and 401(k) plan with company matching.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.