Detail-Oriented Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Job Post Expires:
Do you enjoy the satisfaction that comes with keeping detailed records? Do you enjoy the responsibility associated with shipping and receiving work? Does collaborating with a team in a warehouse environment interest you?
Our client, a leader in the intelligent transportation systems (ITS) field, has an exciting opening for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk. This position requires an organized and self-motivated applicant, Full-Time, Mon.-Fri., 1st Shift, and is located in Everett, WA.
*** Please reference JBCSWSISR01 when applying with your resume and pay expectations. ***
- Position is responsible for all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Responsible for product identification, labeling, and warehouse organization and space utilization.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Record and report any shipment discrepancies or damages.
- Loading and unloading of shipping containers and trucks using forklift.
- Route materials to appropriate storage locations manually or using hand truck or forklift.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouse.
- Perform physical inventory – cycle counts and annual inventory.
- Monitor inventory shortages and replenishment levels including performing physical inventory – cycle counts and annual inventory.
- Pull materials, pack, seal, label, and prepare materials for shipping and then determine most cost effective shipping methods for materials.
- Prepare shipping documents such as bill of lading.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety and company standards.
- Strong accuracy, attention to detail, and organization skills.
- Good time management and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to recognize and identify product both near and from distance.
- Ability to recognize there is a problem or safety concern.
- Exceptional attendance and reliability.
- One (1) year experience in a warehouse shipping and receiving environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbally, in English.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of shipping, receiving, and inventory common practices.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Forklift certified preferred.
- Basic skill level in Word and Excel.
- General ability and knowledge of computer use and software related to shipping.
Company offers a full range of benefits to full time employees, including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and more!
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.